Welcome to our family blog! We will use this space to post updates as the birth of our first baby grows closer and closer. After he is born, we will post updates and lots of photos of our little Noah. Keep up with us as our family grows!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My 1st Mother's Day

After dealing with infertility during Mother's Day 2010, being anxious about getting out of the first trimester during Mothers Day 2011, this year Mother's Day felt like the cumulation of a lot of waiting and strife. I finally made it! I couldn't really believe it to be honest. 

Noah really made it a special day. First he made me breakfast (while I got to sleep). The menu was home made banana bread from scratch and pancakes. Then he was really tired from all the cooking so he took a nap. When he woke up he gave me a photo album of my journey to my first Mother's Day- from my bump right up until last week! He also gave me a pretty necklace. 

Cooking for Mom!
Then we were off to the aquarium! The aquarium is one of my favorite places so I was excited to bring Noah there. It was pretty crowded, I guess because it is a good place for families to go and Mother's Day is a popular day for family outings. Noah LOVED the aquarium. He looked at everything very intently and in awe the whole time. He especially seemed to like the penguins and the giant tank. 

Noah and Mommy

Family at the aquarium

ooooooo fishes!

Checking out the Penguins


After the aquarium we took a walk along the harbor and watched the boats. Noah fell asleep in his stroller so Jake and I had an amazing late lunch/early dinner at The Daily Catch. Yum seafood/Italian and yay to a nice meal out. When we got home, I read Noah his new book about penguins to end the day. It was really a lovely time together as our little family.
On the Harborwalk

Reading about baby penguins!




No comments:

Post a Comment