Welcome to our family blog! We will use this space to post updates as the birth of our first baby grows closer and closer. After he is born, we will post updates and lots of photos of our little Noah. Keep up with us as our family grows!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

5 months!

Noah turned 5 months on Friday! Every month when the 18th rolls around I think about how much my life has changed and how happy I am. It is all going by so fast! He is like a real little person these days. He is rolling back and forth all over the house, although he prefers to roll from back to tummy and then gets angry to roll from tummy to back. He is sitting up on his own for a little bit but then folds forward so that he is able to suck on his feet. He is trying very very hard to be able to sit up from a laying position on his own and he is trying his damnedest to CRAWL. God help us when that happens! He is going to be very quick, I can tell already!

Noah is also getting more into eating "real" food. Avocado is obviously preferred over sweet potato. I think we will try banana next and see how he likes it. He is also teething like CRAZY. He put anything and everything in his mouth, and especially loves to chew on cloth toys/blankets/socks. The thing that seems to help the most is a frozen wash cloth. Poor little guy is obviously uncomfortable and unfortunately I have no idea when the first tooth will pop. I have been told that babies can "teethe" for MONTHS before a single pearly white is visible.

Noah hasn't been sleeping very well the past few weeks (teething may be the cause of this too) so Mommy and Daddy are very tired (especially Mommy!). I hope he gets into a better pattern at night soon but for now I treasure quiet moments rocking in his room, listening to the sounds of the waves on the sleep sheep. Sometimes when he has fallen back asleep, I stay and rock for a few extra minutes just to watch him sleep. He is actually sleeping right now, napping in Jake's arms. He has been a sleepy little boy on this lazy Sunday afternoon!

Next month when I make this post, he will be half way to 1! Complete insanity.



and for an extra treat- avocado!


No comments:

Post a Comment