Welcome to our family blog! We will use this space to post updates as the birth of our first baby grows closer and closer. After he is born, we will post updates and lots of photos of our little Noah. Keep up with us as our family grows!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Hardest Part of Late Night Feedings- Surround Snore

Now, one might think that the hardest part of getting up at night is just that, getting up at night. But that is not true in this house. I am pretty used to that right now. No, there is something else that throws a wrench in my schedule.

Noah's schedule looks kinda like this (though it varies):

-11/11:30-eat and bed
-2:30-ish- change and eat
-3-ish- back to bed
-5:30-ish- Jake changes and feeds him a bottle
-7- back to bed
-8- up for the day/change/eat

Last night he ate around 10:30 and was out for the night. I woke up with a jolt around 2 and to my shock he was still fast asleep in the bouncer next to my bed (he has been sleeping there because of his cold). I thought, well if he wants to sleep then who am I to stop him. I tried to go back to sleep but then it happened- the SURROUND SNORE.

Surround Snore is what I have decided to call the phenomenon of having snoring on all sides of me, thus keeping me from going back to sleep. Jake was snoring to my left (epically last night, might I add), Noah is cutely snoring to my right and even the cats are in the game snoring at my feet. There was no way I was getting back to sleep.

By the time it was 3AM, Noah was still sleeping but I couldn't deal with the noise anymore and got him up to eat anyway. Frankly when you are breast feeding, eating on a regular schedule is as much for mom as it is for baby because A) it hurts like hell if you don't and B) it ruins your supply to skip a feeding. If I was able to go back to sleep I would have let it go, despite reasons A and B but it was impossible to sleep.

When we returned to bed, miracle of all miracles, the snoring had subsided enough to go back to sleep at 3:30 but by then I had lost 90 mins instead of 30. This is why I need an afternoon nap every day. Maybe I check AmazonMom for breathe right strips....

No comments:

Post a Comment