Welcome to our family blog! We will use this space to post updates as the birth of our first baby grows closer and closer. After he is born, we will post updates and lots of photos of our little Noah. Keep up with us as our family grows!

Monday, December 5, 2011

To-Do List Progress

  • Clean house- We have a one time appointment with a cleaning service tomorrow bright and early. I am excited to have a top to bottom cleaning done without lifting a finger!
  • Mail thank you notes. They are written, I just don't have stamps. Who ever has stamps?
  • Wash some swaddling blankets so we have soft baby burrito materials.
  • Cook some freezer meals. I think I will make 4 kinds of casseroles to put in our basement freezer. These would be in addition to about 10 jars of sauce (although I think they are getting too spicy in the jars...) and 4 lbs of meatballs that Jake made.
    • Lasagna
    • Baked Ziti
    • Chicken Tetrazzini
    • Chicken and Green Bean Casserole
  • Hang valances over the windows
  • Install the 2nd car seat base and have both car seats inspected
  • Grocery shopping- stock up on staples!
  • Finish packing hospital bags- I started but some of the things I need are in daily use so I will have to wait until things get started to finish packing the bags.
  • Put up Christmas Tree- we are getting a tree this weekend but not doing all the extra decorating. I think it will be nice to enjoy the tree with the baby up at night (not to mention me being up at night before he even comes!)
  • Clean out cabinets and fridge
  • Pack diaper bag
  • Finish buying Christmas gifts
  • Wrap Christmas gifts
This past weekend was very productive and we were able to cross a ton of stuff off my To Do list. I added a few things too but they are pretty small. There might be things I am missing but my brain is so fried at this point that I can't even think of what they would be. 

This dreary Monday morning finds me very achy. My back hurts, my fingers hurt, my hips hurt. I feel like an 85 year old. Sitting in the car and then at my desk is not the most comfortable place to be but then again I have a hard time getting comfortable no matter where I find myself. *sigh* 8 days until my due date but who knows how much longer until we get this show on the road... seems like it could be forever at this point.

I leave you with a fun picture from Christmas tree trimming this weekend:
oh tannenbump oh tannenbump... unfortunately the lights didn't annoy him enough to make him want to budge.

No comments:

Post a Comment