Welcome to our family blog! We will use this space to post updates as the birth of our first baby grows closer and closer. After he is born, we will post updates and lots of photos of our little Noah. Keep up with us as our family grows!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can't Hardly Wait

Someone asked me yesterday what I was looking forward to most after the baby is born. I thought of a lot of things that I simply cannot wait to do/feel again. Wear my wedding rings, bend at the waist, wear pants without a panel in them, wear heels, put on underwear without falling down. All of these things are important and exciting.

But then I realized what I REALLY am looking forward to. I can't wait to see Jake hold our son for the first time. I have gotten to know him over the past 39 weeks and I feel like, even though I haven't seen his face yet, I already know him. Jake often jokes about how I am hogging the baby and won't share, although at this point I am very ready to share!

Jake wants to meet this little guy more than anyone and I can't wait to see his reaction to seeing and feeling him for the first time. I know he is going to be an amazing father and even more than the moment where we can hear the baby cry, I look forward to seeing him look at our baby and recognize himself in his little wrinkly face. I have no expectations about labor being beautiful or something I will look back on fondly but I do feel like that moment will be a really special moment that I will treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable. I never realized how much I take bending at the waist for granted!

    ReplyDelete