Welcome to our family blog! We will use this space to post updates as the birth of our first baby grows closer and closer. After he is born, we will post updates and lots of photos of our little Noah. Keep up with us as our family grows!

Friday, December 9, 2011

There's a Full Moon Out Tonight- The Lunar Effect on Childbirth

There's a full moon out... well not tonight but tomorrow and it has people talking. I had never heard of this theory (myth?) before but apparently it is a widely held belief that more babies are born under the full moon. I think it falls into the same category as hurricane babies and after talking to people and doing a google search, it certainly seems that there is anecdotal evidence that it might be true. This could prove to be very beneficial for me if it is true.

BUT, it seems that actual studies, as opposed to nurse tales, show that this is simply a myth. So, who really knows what could help speed labor along. You can read more about the Lunar Effect here:
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/births-full-moon.htm

I checked in with my Dr. today to ask a question and mentioned the full moon and my nurse said that she whole heartedly believes that it makes a difference. We will have to wait and see!

I have to say... I kinda hope it's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment